• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not too many scratches in this one.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My wife's virtual classroom chicks are hatching. Hatching chicks has been an every year event for her kindergarten class. She is using zoom to let the class see every step of the process. Placing the eggs in the turner, candling the eggs, taking the eggs out of the turner out and the chicks hatching.

Work packages that had been sent home with the kids when the school closed were collected yesterday. My wife was impressed with some of the parents efforts at faking their kids work. At least 50% of the work was not done by the kids or their writing had improved dramatically in the last 6 weeks.

David

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
At least 50% of the work was not done by the kids or their writing had improved dramatically in the last 6 weeks.
Why do parents not see that they are handicapping their children? Had a mother on Nextdoor asking if anyone knew the DMV driving test route so her child could practise it. Personally, I'd want my child to fail from time to time.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
No kidding! You learn from your mistakes - not from your parents' successes.

Man could I write a speech or two on that. Neighbors wrote all their kids' term papers - all the way through the kids' master's programs. Yeesh

T.

Why do parents not see that they are handicapping their children? Had a mother on Nextdoor asking if anyone knew the DMV driving test route so her child could practise it. Personally, I'd want my child to fail from time to time.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Next, if their kid is overweight, they'll be going to the gym to work out while their kid sits at home playing video games. That'll help.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Next, if their kid is overweight, they'll be going to the gym to work out while their kid sits at home playing video games. That'll help.

Or if they're well off, they might just make a "donation" to a non-profit medical organization, to falsify the weight items in their kid's health reports.

Nah - that would never happen.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Before we wander too far off the original topic,

Back to Jake....

So, picture this, a sold out crowd at a Dublin, Ireland opera house. And a lone guy with a ukulele leading a sing-along of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I wish I could post a link, but it appears to have been locked since this morning. :(

Hope this was just a technical glitch.