• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

no follow up

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Could not find a thread for this, so i put it here, please move if in the wrong place

I have been reading a lot of the threads on different forums here just to catch up on what has been going on.
I have read with interest a lot of the threads where members have aske questions regarding a problem they are having with ther cars
There are so many knowledgeable members that give up there time to point them in the right direction to solve there problem/s,
But it is most anoying that a lot of the time Pufffff there gone. No follow up as to wheather the information helped them, which and whos sugestion was the right answer.
I find this most frustrating. purely because it is like reading a book only to find the last page is missing, I think we all want to know the answers.

Rant over, :popcorn:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I must agree that is frustrating for people following along with the thread because they have a similar problem or they have invested time and effort helping out.
A thank you and the problem turned out to be ******** would be very helpful.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
David - I've felt the same for many years. Very few "thanks for the suggestions", and very few "Here's what I did to fix the problem."

One guy starts a thread: "engine has rough idle when warm". Several guys post various diagnosis techniques and suggestions (timing, points, plugs, fuel flow, carb adjustment, clogged air filter, dirty headlights, etc.). No response from the original poster for days. Then he posts "tried everything and finally got it working."

grumble grumble

Basil

Administrator
Boss
In most of the marque-related forums, there is an actual system for posting a question as a question and then others can vote up or down how good replies are. The OP can indicate which reply was the best at answering the question. It's a system that is great in theory, but you know the old adage - you can lead a horse to water....
I'm going to produce a video asking people to think about using this system. Agreed it is frustrating. I have similar frustrations on Photography forums. People will ask a question, several people will give good responses, bitt then the OP doesn't follow up with what they did or which suggestions helped. I'll make that video that all can ignore :mad:

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Could not find a thread for this, so i put it here, please move if in the wrong place

I have been reading a lot of the threads on different forums here just to catch up on what has been going on.
I have read with interest a lot of the threads where members have aske questions regarding a problem they are having with ther cars
There are so many knowledgeable members that give up there time to point them in the right direction to solve there problem/s,
But it is most anoying that a lot of the time Pufffff there gone. No follow up as to wheather the information helped them, which and whos sugestion was the right answer.
I find this most frustrating. purely because it is like reading a book only to find the last page is missing, I think we all want to know the answers.

Rant over, :popcorn:
That is a good positive rant that has been bugging me for quite a while.
Also when I help someone out with a part they have been searching for.
I never even hear if they got it, did it fit or did it work?????
This is a social network.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
As seen here before, "With all the wonderful new ways of digitally communicating ... we may have forgotten how/why to communicate."