• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

no alert emails?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
It finally dawned on me that I receive few emails alerting me to new posts in my Watched forums. The "alert" flag does show the number of alerts, but even tho' I've checked the "send email on alert" box (can't remember where I found that), I get no emails. Online alert on the BCF page yes, but email no. I've tried various options, but not always sure how one choice relates to other choices.

How can I get an email when a new topic (thread?) is started in one of my Watched forums?
Thanks.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Click on your username/ avatar in the upper right (where it shows you’re logged in). Then select preferences.

look at your content options and make sure β€œand receive email notifications” is checked. If it is then you should be getting emails. If you’re not it could be your provider is blocking them or putting them in your spam/ junk folder.

Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Show people's signatures with their messages

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
OK - thanks. All were checked as you show, and I now get email notifications of replies to Watched threads, and threads I've started..

But I still don't receive any email notifications of *new topics* started in my Watched forums. Actually, I don't think I've seen a way to get "new topic started" notifications.

Puzzling!
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
When you tap the β€œwatch” button to watch an entire forum you should get a pop up with alert and email options. Like this
D8D1ADAD-6DF7-4F77-BE27-D9F362B0963A.png

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thank you sir! When I Watch a thread, the "email alert" is already the default. But to Watch a forum, the email alert has to be chosen manually. I didn't notice the difference. Just unwatched, then chose Watch on the New Member Intro forum. I'll see if I get email on the next new thread there.
Thanks.
Tom M.