• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB-GT Nice GT on Ebay

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If anyone's in the market:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-MGB-GT-...f3936fe4b&item=271542845003&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

20140625_184204.jpg

Actually, there are several on there now...

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thank for showing that Mickey! Great deal for the right guy. If I wasn't into this TF, I wouldn't even dicker over the price. I'd buy it in a minute. Why it's still listed, I'm getting photos, mainly of the engine bay. I see some interesting originality in there. I hope someone who gets it, respects what it is and leaves it in it's present state, other than the battery boxes. But they should be replaced with exact duplicates of the originals. You don't see many of these survivors anymore. PJ

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If it's as good in "person" as it is in the pics, it's a nice find.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Certainly won't lose it in a parking lot! Boy, 70s colors were a bunch more vibrant than what you see today.

Still, does look like a nice, clean GT at least in the pictures.

Brinkerhoff

Jedi Knight
A very nicely marketed car. The condition is outstanding. I do not care for the color at all. This car with the black interior would look fantastic in red !

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Certainly won't lose it in a parking lot! Boy, 70s colors were a bunch more vibrant than what you see today.

Still, does look like a nice, clean GT at least in the pictures.

Funny you should say that about the color, Drew. I've noted and lamented before that all you see these days are shades of silver, charcoal and brown/tan. Cars just aren't that interesting any more.

I know the Bracken (I think that's the color) isn't to everyone's liking, but that's what makes it more appealing to me. This coming from the owner of a Black Tulip example!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice to see a GT that well represented, too. No embellishing, just a good (and from the photos) honest eval. Brake and clutch plumbing seem to be about all there is that is not exactly as original.

The visual condition would lead one to believe it was a three or four year old, used GT. Unhappily, when that was the case you could have had it for $2~2.5K. Today, at $10.5K I really think it's underpriced.

thechileman

Jedi Hopeful
Brings back memories. I had a '70 GT in college. Bought it in 84 I think, sold it in '90. What a great car. This looks like a nice specimen.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Funny you should say that about the color, Drew. I've noted and lamented before that all you see these days are shades of silver, charcoal and brown/tan. Cars just aren't that interesting any more.

I know the Bracken (I think that's the color) isn't to everyone's liking, but that's what makes it more appealing to me. This coming from the owner of a Black Tulip example!

Lovely car - and interesting colour, but, who on earth calls any colour Bracken?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Lovely car - and interesting colour, but, who on earth calls any colour Bracken?

The Brits! I wondered that as well; looked it up and it's a fern that is prolific in the moorlands there. Leaves turn that color in the fall. Makes sense now.

And it's a lot more relevant than "Tundra"!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I like the color on it, not for it's beauty, but it puts a time base on the car. I've always wanted a GT and if it wasn't for this TF costing a fortune, I would definitely try to buy it. I agree with Doc as being a little under priced. Someone is going to get a nice example. My only hope would be that they try to keep it original, clean the underside and do small touch ups. That color might be hard to match for touch up paint. PJ