• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Next Gen

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Agreed; we could add the hand-clutch and transmission of a Lambretta / Vespa to the list as well!! (I think the Lambretta has a hand-operated gearshift??) As well as the acute awareness of a riding on two wheels (moped, scooter, or motorcycle); no matter who is at fault you will feel the brunt of the pain!!
You are correct... the clutch on the Lambretta is hand operated. I've let seasoned motorcycle riders drive my Lammy and they just can't get the hang of the clutch in the hand.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Been a long time since I rode a motor cycle in the UK but as I remember it was left hand for the clutch.

David

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Been a long time since I rode a motor cycle in the UK but as I remember it was left hand for the clutch.

David
I should have described it better- Both clutch and gear selector are in the same hand. You’re right about the clutch being in the left hand on a motorcycle but the gears are selected by your foot.