Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
OK, I am installing a new plastic tranny cover and the rubber seals....are they glued to the cover itself or the floorboards? Was gonna use some 3M Black Adhesive.
Bill, seen it done both ways and to the floorboard IMO was the best, especially at the back under the heater box. Easy to get the bolts lined up. Be sure and get them all started first and pull the front up snug before pulling down the cover to the flood, it will save cracking off an ear. Wayne
FWIW, I glued mine to the cover with weatherstrip adhesive. I had to cut wedges out ot the weatherstrip to get it to conform to some of the sharper curves of the tunnel cover.
I am with Wayne on the don't overtighten the bolts recommendation ... I got to buy a new cover from TRF because I cracked the first one by not using the seal AND overtightening it.
Good luck and I'm glad to hear your project is nearing completion.
I used 3M Black on mine, and attached the seals to the cover. I also covered the inside of the tunnel with that aluminized Mylar-skinned bubble wrap insulation to help reduce heat and noise leakage. You can get the insulation at home centers like Lowes and Home Depot. It's underneath all my interior carpet, too--plus the standard felt!
A word of caution. I covered the underside of my tunnel cover with the foil and felt insulation, with the foil facing out. Not a good idea!. One of the wires on the overdrive switch shorted. Lucky, only about a foot of wire was fried. Removed most of the insulaton from the top of the cover and left the side. I will insulate over the top, this time around. Still have visions of my 4 year restore going up in flames.
Joe
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.