• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New to BCF - New Triumph owner

lilifer_13

Freshman Member
Country flag
*cross-posted to the Triumph forum*

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lily and I am the new(ish) owner of a 1978 Triumph Spitfire that I call Birdie. This car belonged to my aunt/godmother and came to me by way of California, where my aunt lived most of her life before relocating back to Minnesota. She purchased this in 1992 and was the second Triumph she owned (the first was a '74).

It had been sitting in my uncle's pull barn for 8 years when I purchased it from her last July but fired right up. It needs a lot of love but we spent last summer getting the fluids changed and brakes redone and are now thinking about what's next. (Tires, then electrical likely)

I've never worked on a car before but have a good brain for mechanicals and love working with my hands. Just planning to take it slow and leave things that are over my head to the professionals. :smile:

Thank you in advance for answering the completely novice questions I will ask. I am real good at googling, researching and watching YouTube but sometimes it's just nice to ask for advice from those who have walked the path before.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_2206.png
    IMG_2206.png
    896.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2204.png
    IMG_2204.png
    901.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2207.png
    IMG_2207.png
    1 MB · Views: 46

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - and, looks great!!! they are simple to work on. Glad to have you on board.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Lily (from a fellow Spitfire owner). You will find we have a very active and engaging Triumph forum here so be sure to pop into that forum also and say hello!