• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New to BCF! 1961 TR3a

danger2nature

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi all, I'm new to the BCF. I bought a 1961 TR3a from my uncle last year who did a complete restoration on the vehicle and enjoyed it for 10 years himself. He has relocated across the country so even though he is only a phone call away, its been difficult to tinker with and finetune the car without him. After putting the car away for the winter, I had to have the carburetors rebuilt and tuned this spring. It runs great until I come to a stop, and the rpm's are at around 1,000 then it wants to drop out and stall...…even when the car is hot and has been driving for an hour. If I pop the choke it hops back up to 1,000 rpm's and idles fine. My mechanic cant figure it out...and said I should invest in Weber carburetors. I'm mechanically inclined, but still green when it comes to this car so any advice on the problem I'm having or the Weber upgrade would be appreciated! Thanks,

Brian

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hi Brian! Welcome to BCF! As this is primarily a "New Member Introduction" forum, I would urge you to post your specific technical questions in our Triumph forum here. It's a very active section of this site and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions there.