• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Prank

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
A classmate in high school had a Crosley Hotshot. He was always finding it on the sidewalk or worse.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I high school we had this girl that had a Crosly station wagon and she was always parking it under the grandstand in front of the agriculture building, just to be a bunch of smarties, we lifted it up about 10 feet under the announcers stand and put some 2x4s under it. It did cause a bit of confusion as we stood in the ag building watching when school got out. Funny, they never found out who did it! :highly_amused:

Country flag
Was a teacher when I was in school no one liked, had a Pinto. Bunch of guys went up and managed to turn it sideways in his garage one night. He about had a stroke wanting the local police to find who did it and have them arrested. Wasn't part of it, but I did know who was since several of them were buddies. And yes, I did think it was funny since I'd had my run ins with him.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Upon graduating college we chained an old rusty bicycle to bumper of a miserable professor that we had. Drove all the way from Florida to NY with the key.
Weโ€™re sure he called his wife to say that he would be late for dinner :rolleye:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I did not experience it. It was posted in the Pelican (Berkeley student newspaper) Apparently the wires to the 6 and 9 floor were switched inside the panel (press 6 and you triggered 9).

I once rebuilt the motor on my 1970-ist VW hatchback. When I put the motor back in and tried to start it the first time, nothing happened when I turned the key to the start position. As I sat there thinking about what the problem might be, I had the key still in the on position. I was runinig the stick shift through the gears, just as a nervous habit as I was thinking about it. All of the suddent, as I hit reverse with the shifter, the started started cranking! Turns out I had reveresed the wires for the reverse light switch and the starter solinoid, which were located in close proximity to each other.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Sounds like a great anti-theft device Basil.

rlwhitetr3b

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
My dad told a story about how he and his brother put a mouse in my cousin's pocket and sent him into the house to show his mom. The little kid came into the kitchen saying rat, rat and pointing to his pocket. He was little and his mom did not understand what he was saying, so she checked his pocket. She never did forgive them!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Every time I see a Motion activated paper dispenser in a bathroom I think of the Voice activated dispenser prank. I am tempted to try the "Paper Towel now" command.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
As a young guy with a desire to pursue photography I came into possession of a flash unit using flashbulbs with a screw-in base the same as a standard lightbulb, had an adaptor to use the newer 25B bulbs. Would screw the adaptor into the light fixture in the bathroom with a 25B in it when the "babysitter" was to come and keep an eye on younger bro and self... many other nefarious tricks were pulled on the poor girl as well.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
In 8th grade we would lift the Science teacher/Baseball Coach's VW Beetle (63) and put in the schools flower bed. Bed was little over a foot high. He kept baseball team late after school, no one fessed up to it. Did it again on graduation night. Didn't drive his 57 Ford Victoria.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
In High School - 11th or 12th grade. I dresses up like this for Halloween (It's flour and water paste):
Halloween85.jpg

Conspired with a friend, as a Halloween prank, to scare the snot out of a girl we knew. My friend arranged a "date" with this girl and picked her up in his parent's Ford station wagon. What she didn't know is, while she was getting into the car, I was climbing up onto the luggage rack from behind the station wagon.

Friend proceeded to drive with her out into country on a lonely dirt road (with me hanging onto the luggage rack for dear life). They started talking about different urban legends and at some point he asked her if she had ever heard about the "Albino Man" who was alleged to have died some horrible death in the vicinity of where they happened to park...(you know where this is going, don't you?).

Just about the time she was getting good and scared about the Albino Man story, I dropped down and appeared in the front window, slamming my hands agains the glass and letting out a blood curdling scream!

What I hadn't calculated was that she, sitting on a bench seat next to my friend, would freak so bad that she would drop the still-running car into drive and mash on the gas! The car started slipping all over the place on the dirt road and I fell off just in time to see the car speed about a mile down the road before my friend could get it under control (I didn't get hurt - much).

Needless to say that girl never spoke to either of us again.

Country flag
But I bet your buddies all thought it was hysterical when told. The dumb things we all did as kids.

I was once driving a car full to some Saturday youth gathering when I was about 16-17. Three in the front seat, buddy in the middle next to me. He reached down and held the wheel out of sight of the rear seat passengers and I turned around to the girl riding behind me and started talking. Took her a couple seconds to suddenly yell, "who's driving!!" and I said "ah it'll take care of itself", then turned back around. Luckily the road was straight and flat and no other traffic. Not the smartest thing I could have done, but we all know teens find themselves invincible.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I loved VWs. When I was in college some friends and I took a Beetle apart and reassembled it on the third floor of the library (when a librarian was on duty). Another time, we took our RA's bug into the elevator (we had to lift the front end to get the door to close) and took it to the 8th floor.