• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New OLD watch

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Z
Here is the other one.
Z

Country flag
When someone asks if they should get an LBC, my response is if you wear a wind-up watch and cook with gas, you'll probably like an LBC. If you wear a digital watch and cook with a microwave, an LBC probably isn't for you.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OK, you can admit it to me Doc and it will be our secret. Sometimes you "dress up" as James Bond, don't you?

Not with any intent, Rick... and that's "Commander Bond" BTW. :highly_amused:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK, you can admit it to me Doc and it will be our secret. Sometimes you "dress up" as James Bond, don't you?
I can hardly see doc drinking a CAB stirred, not shaken :thirsty:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mmmm... Elliot, ain't that "shaken, not stirred" ?!?

Either way, a CAB would become a good close quarters weapon, at least as enuff distraction for the chance to pull out th' Walther. :smirk:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Nice Longines Maynard.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice Longines Maynard.

:iagree:

Walter, I thought you might get a kick out of seeing this, I got the "counterfeit" Omega, not too impressed. Here are the fake and my real Omega Seamaster Soccer variant, side by side.

Omegaface.jpg
profile.jpg

Pretty easy to tell the copy!

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My Rolex died, but here's my beautiful Breitling Navitimer. Feast your eyes peasants.Breitling.jpgBreitling1.jpgWorth every penny of the $25 I paid for it after it fell off a truck...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice, Paul. I never had that kind of luck.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Fuzzy indeed. That's my lousy photography. My fake Rolex only lasted a year. The Breitling sits in a drawer unused most of the year. It's one of those where motion winds it. I didn't think those 3 little dials actually worked but they do. Both the Rolex and the Breitling were purchased in Shanghai. I had to go upstairs behind a curtain. There was a whole showcase of cheap fakes. I paid $25 for the Rolex. When it died, my son bought me the Breitling - also $25. Today, I had to pull the windshield reservoir out of the Alfa - it had a hole in the bottom. I pulled out of the same drawer a $20 Timex that had lain there for over 6 or 7 years and guess what - it was still working. The original battery hadn't died. I strapped it on and went to work. I found one reservoir on EBay - condition unknown. Apparently neither Alfa parts supplier has that model, only the earlier one. I tried duct taping it but it still leaked. Maybe fiberglassing? The hole is pretty big - maybe 1" x 3". Anybody ever repair one of these plastic reservoirs?