• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

New MGB member from Naples, Florida

Jim71B

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello to the British Car Forum Members. My first introduction to British iron was in 1970 when I bought a 1966 Triumph TR4A which needed a new clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, slave cylinder, etc. Then a 1975MG Midget and a 1971 Triumph 500cc motorcycle. I did all the wrench work. Then sold everything . . . went to college, career, family and now grandkids. My neighbor had a sharp looking yellow 1971 MGB that just sat in his garage that I admired for the last 10 years. My wife finally asked him this Spring if he ever takes it out for a spin. He said, "No, it needed attention as he did a frame-off restoration 10 years ago, drove it 200 miles then became seriously ill and never drove it again. . . would you like to buy it?" Now, I am the proud owner of an '71 MGB with a 1968 MGB engine with no smog control stuff on it! I haven't worked on cars in many, many years and am looking forward to getting this one back on the road. I am sure I will need lots of help and advice from the members of the forum as this is going to be a bit of a challenge since I am a little rusty working on cars. Jim

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sorry to inform you that we have exceeded our quota for members from Florida!

Just kidding - welcome to BCF! We do have lots of folks from the sunshine state here and you will find our MG forum quite active and helpful!