• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

delisaj

Was surfing the web on how to install an original radio in my TR-6 when I "stumbled" across this site. Starting going through the posts and saw this one. So I signed up!

My Dad had a TR-6 when I was growing up, and fondly remembered the car. So, when approaching a "mid-life crisis", decided it would be fun to own something different, and a TR-6 would be it.

My first TR6, a 1973 beaut, I bought from a friend of a friend, and I owned for one day. I was driving it home and it stalled out on the Meritt Parkway. Being new to owning Triumphs, I didn't know what to do. Called a tow truck, sent the car back to the dealer. Turns out it was the distributor cap. Get it going again, make it almost all of the way to work, and the alternator goes. So, that's it, another flat bed, straight back to the dealer , fed up and I get my money back.

Not to be deterred from getting my Triumph, I find another red one, a 1971, and have my expert father-in-law mechanic check it out. No problems.. So I buy that one and I am now a happy TR-6 owner! Saved $4000 in the process. No problems, and absolutely love the car. Love it.

So, a happy ending to the story, and, with a cleaned out garage to park my new toy, hopefully many years of driving joy.

The forum looks like a great place to share stories and advice, so I am looking forward to it!

John

Attachments

• 238565-photo_1.jpg
    238565-photo_1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 58

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Way to go! Congrats...you'll find lots of friendly folks on the BCF.

Country flag
Welcome.

You'll find lots of friendly and helpful people here, I hope you find it useful.

Very nice TR6.... but surely the dark spot beneath it in the picture isn't the dreaded LBC oil leakage marking its territory? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
delisaj

delisaj

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that too...

No, that was the internet photo of the car from the dealer. Thankfully, just a drop of leakage now and again. Oil level is good after several hundred miles. So all good for now!!

John

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Welcome to the best place to discover that LBC'S are fun and a neverending task.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

ps: it's also the best place to learn how to fix anything.

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
Stuart
Every time I see one of your posts reminds my of my youth listening on the radio to the Ecurie Ecosse D types beating the world at Le Mans every year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
Welcome to the forum.....I know one of the MG guys will jump on me for saying this but; good choice of car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
I am not a Triumph guy myself, but have always had an affection for the brute look of TR4's and 6's (of course 5's also). Welcome and IMHO nice car!