• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Johnnyblackbird

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Johnnyblackbird from NSW Australia, I have recently purchased a 67 MK 4 sprite in good original condition. There is something about the sprite that appeals to me and I think the MK 4 is a little harder to find in this country. I am looking to respray the ole girl in its original colour which is Tartan red. However, there are a lot of tartan reds out there. Is there any way I can track down the original colour code?
Regards

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Johnny! Be sure to post some pictures!
You will want to jumping at our Spridgets forum here, which is a very active section on BCF.

OP
J

Johnnyblackbird

Freshman Member
Country flag
65C3DFD2-0AB4-4D6E-9312-6F71C666720D.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Johnny

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking Sprite.

You may have to get the paint shop to do a colour match from a section that has been under cover so it has not faded.

My sister lives in Coleambally NSW. I visited the area some years ago. Really enjoyed it.

David

OP
J

Johnnyblackbird

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Johnnyblackbird from NSW Australia, I have recently purchased a 67 MK 4 sprite in good original condition. There is something about the sprite that appeals to me and I think the MK 4 is a little harder to find in this country. I am looking to respray the ole girl in its original colour which is Tartan red. However, there are a lot of tartan reds out there. Is there any way I can track down the original colour code?
Regards
Hi,
Another little issue I have with the sprite is the bonnet seems to be rubbing on the front cooper can. I have tried to adjust the can without much luck. I have replaced the rear rubbers under the bonnet. Is there an issue with the 1275 engine been a little higher than the 1198??
Regards
Johnnyblackbird

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hey Johnny, now that you've introduced yourself, you can visit the "Spridgets" forum we have here and post any specific questions there (and likely get many more responses).

Cheers