• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member with Triumph Tr6 in Michigan

Reds cars

Freshman Member
Country flag
My brother-in-law who is in poor health is giving me a tr6 that has been in storage for15+ years. I have had 2 spitfires, the last one in the 90's. I have a custom 67 Chevy pick-up I built with my son. I have had a 29 Model A ford hotrod I built 20 years ago and recently rebuilt, and I also restored a model a truck. First car project was a VW bug. This is not my first rodeo as you can tell. I am sure I will have many questions, learning the Triumph way of building cars, but am looking forward to the challenge in the coming months

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Red
Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your project.
Was it stored because it was giving trouble and they were gong to fix it later? After 15 years of storage you will need to replace the tires no matter how much tread they have on them.
Post some photos.

David