• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Posting

Jwhy

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
About 60 years ago my grandparents had a neighbor with a 1953 MG in his garage. His garage door was frequently open and I was allowed to wander over to admire the car whenever I wanted. The neighbor also took me along for rides in the car when he ran errands or just went for a spin around the neighborhood. I was hooked.

Since then I’ve owned a TR-6 but passed on opportunities to purchase later model MG’s, including a non-running, barn stored MGBGT. I still regret those missed opportunities.

Recently a neighbor of my daughter mentioned that he had in a garage, two MGTD’s that he wanted to sell. It turned out that both cars need a ground up restoration so I had to think hard about taking on the responsibility. But I’m retired and love a project so I bought both along with the extra parts he had collected.

I’m looking forward to learning about the rebuild process and know that the advice available from NEMGTR members will be invaluable.

Look forward to sharing with you all,
Jeff Nordlander

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
excellent choice! welcome and please keep us posted and we would love to see pictures

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Never heard of Kilmarnock before,although I've beento Dahlgren
when our Son attended the USNA in Annapolis.