• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Introduction

MJinCO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just bought a '67 Midget 1275 vintage race car. My previous got in a fire and was toasted. The Midget is a lot of fun to drive, but It needs a lot of work as the previous owner was what I would term a member of the country club set, he did pretty and expensive improvements to the car like a scattercam, Pertronix ignition and Tilton hydraulics and roller rockers, but neglected many of the details, for instance the valve cover nut not having a spacer so it bottomed out so not pressure at all on the silicone gasket contributing to the already massive oil leakage from the rear seal. The last British car I owned was an Austin America in about 1970 and had a 850 Mini prior to that. I had forgotten about the world of kingpins, cork seals etc, there will be quite a learning curve. Over the winter I'll be revamping the oil filter/cooler system, changing the rear lsd rear axle from 3.9 to 4.2 and rebuilding the front suspension. Old race cars, about 30 years for this one, are require a lot of work and are money intensive propositions. But the fun of driving them makes is worthwhile.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - sorry to hear about the previous but sounds like you get to do this one right! Welcome

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to BCF, MJ! Even though I'm from CO, I had to look up Maysville! Bet that's a fun place in the winter!

OP
M

MJinCO

Freshman Member
Country flag
The sun goes down behind a mountain for about 2-1/2 months at 1:35PM. Its ice time. On the other hand these days it barely gets much over 80 deg F.

Vet

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just acquired a 1962 TR4 which the previous owner wanted to change from a four cylinder to a six cylinder. I have numerous parts that I need to sift and sort to try and rebuild to a stock TR4 version. The reason for joining the forum is to seek help from experienced Triumph owners who can answer questions as I proceed with the project of rebuilding this car. I am looking at this as a retirement project and a way of remembering my first new car many, many years ago which was a 1967 MGB.
Through the years I have owned many new North American cars but my fondest memory was the fun I had with that little MGB that took me to Florida when I was 20 years old.