• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Introduction

MJinCO

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just bought a '67 Midget 1275 vintage race car. My previous got in a fire and was toasted. The Midget is a lot of fun to drive, but It needs a lot of work as the previous owner was what I would term a member of the country club set, he did pretty and expensive improvements to the car like a scattercam, Pertronix ignition and Tilton hydraulics and roller rockers, but neglected many of the details, for instance the valve cover nut not having a spacer so it bottomed out so not pressure at all on the silicone gasket contributing to the already massive oil leakage from the rear seal. The last British car I owned was an Austin America in about 1970 and had a 850 Mini prior to that. I had forgotten about the world of kingpins, cork seals etc, there will be quite a learning curve. Over the winter I'll be revamping the oil filter/cooler system, changing the rear lsd rear axle from 3.9 to 4.2 and rebuilding the front suspension. Old race cars, about 30 years for this one, are require a lot of work and are money intensive propositions. But the fun of driving them makes is worthwhile.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - sorry to hear about the previous but sounds like you get to do this one right! Welcome

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, MJ! Even though I'm from CO, I had to look up Maysville! Bet that's a fun place in the winter!

OP
M

MJinCO

Freshman Member
Country flag
The sun goes down behind a mountain for about 2-1/2 months at 1:35PM. Its ice time. On the other hand these days it barely gets much over 80 deg F.

Vet

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just acquired a 1962 TR4 which the previous owner wanted to change from a four cylinder to a six cylinder. I have numerous parts that I need to sift and sort to try and rebuild to a stock TR4 version. The reason for joining the forum is to seek help from experienced Triumph owners who can answer questions as I proceed with the project of rebuilding this car. I am looking at this as a retirement project and a way of remembering my first new car many, many years ago which was a 1967 MGB.
Through the years I have owned many new North American cars but my fondest memory was the fun I had with that little MGB that took me to Florida when I was 20 years old.