• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from NY

BDR529

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I’m finally at the point where I’m considering purchasing an LBC of my own and thought I should introduce myself. I’ve been a car enthusiast my entire life. My first car in high school (during the late eighties) was a ‘65 Mustang. My automotive interests up till then always leaned toward American cars. However, during senior year, a classmate took me for a ride in his father’s MGBGT (I believe it was a’69) and that car left a huge impression on me. The growl from the B series engine, the wire wheels, and the overall feel from that ride was a revelation coming from your typical Detroit iron.

Fast forward more than thirty years, I’ve owned a couple fun BMWs and some practical Subarus, but no classic British cars. However, I did purchase a brand new R53 MINI Cooper S in 2005 that I still have to this day and continue to enjoy.

That said, the memory of that experience in the MGB still lingers. Couple that with my desire to finally own an open top car, I’ve started to consider purchasing my own classic British roadster. I look forward to joining in the discussions here and learning from all of you with your extensive experience on these great cars.

Dave

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Feel free to go on the MG forum & ask questions
& help looking for one.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to the club! You will find lots of folks here ready to offer advice as you search for the right car.

OP
B

BDR529

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you both for the warm welcome! I’ve got a lot of research ahead of me, but I’m looking forward to the process.

Oldmogguy

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I’m finally at the point where I’m considering purchasing an LBC of my own and thought I should introduce myself. I’ve been a car enthusiast my entire life. My first car in high school (during the late eighties) was a ‘65 Mustang. My automotive interests up till then always leaned toward American cars. However, during senior year, a classmate took me for a ride in his father’s MGBGT (I believe it was a’69) and that car left a huge impression on me. The growl from the B series engine, the wire wheels, and the overall feel from that ride was a revelation coming from your typical Detroit iron.

Fast forward more than thirty years, I’ve owned a couple fun BMWs and some practical Subarus, but no classic British cars. However, I did purchase a brand new R53 MINI Cooper S in 2005 that I still have to this day and continue to enjoy.

That said, the memory of that experience in the MGB still lingers. Couple that with my desire to finally own an open top car, I’ve started to consider purchasing my own classic British roadster. I look forward to joining in the discussions here and learning from all of you with your extensive experience on these great cars.

Dave
Welcome Dave
My first car was a 65 mustang too. Had a lot of great experiences with that car. As the years went on I got to experience a few British cars. Each one has a feel, a smell, and a ride you just don’t get in an American car. One British car You should look into is a Morgan. I’ve had a few and they are the most seat of the paints experience out there.
good luck and Happy New Year.

Attachments

• C69CBA22-E855-4D58-BB4A-08FD44DA2BF2.jpeg
    C69CBA22-E855-4D58-BB4A-08FD44DA2BF2.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 21
  • F7D7C073-5B79-4C2B-A153-79FECA7E48E4.jpeg
    F7D7C073-5B79-4C2B-A153-79FECA7E48E4.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 20

WaxMorgan

Freshman Member
Country flag
Just joined and posted a bit about my '63 Morgan +4. Seat of the pants indeed, wonderful fun to drive. My son-in-law who owns the new $170K Mercedes all electric drove the Morgan and pronounced it as the "primitive" car he'd ever driven. I took that as high praise.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Just joined and posted a bit about my '63 Morgan +4. Seat of the pants indeed, wonderful fun to drive. My son-in-law who owns the new $170K Mercedes all electric drove the Morgan and pronounced it as the "primitive" car he'd ever driven. I took that as high praise.
Welcome! You can copy past your post to a new topic so people won’t think you’re from New York (see title of this thread). But anyway welcome to BCF