• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Georgia

Dawg Fan

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone! My name is Scott. I was born and raised in the metro Atlanta area, currently living close to the Athens area. My father bought an MG Midget in November of 1965. It is red with black interior. It also has wire wheels. When I was growing up, he would sometimes let me shift (from the passenger seat). First to second and third to fourth were no problem. However, second to third was tricky from the passenger side. :smile: He parked the car in the early 80s. When I turned 15, he said that he would let me drive it, if I got a job, worked on the car and paid for the work needed to fix it up and get it running. So, that is what I did. I had a partial restoration done: engine work, brakes, tires, new interior, new paint job, etc. I drove it from 1985 to 1988. It has been garaged since 1988.

Fast forward to today, I am in the beginning stages of having it fully restored. A coworker referred me to a shop in Watkinsville, Georgia that specializes in restoring and maintaining British sports cars. I took the wheels to them yesterday to have new tires put on, so it can be transported to start the restoration.

I am looking forward to getting this done. My Dad is 80 years old now. One of my goals is to get this done, so we can share some good times in the car again. I have many fond memories in that car from my childhood and when I was driving it in high school through the first couple of years of college. I am looking forward to sharing great memories with with my family in the years ahead. Happy motoring! :smile:

Attachments

• FAE0B979-EB8E-43BC-B2A2-02C16DCB13E5.jpeg
    FAE0B979-EB8E-43BC-B2A2-02C16DCB13E5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • D0AB4D59-E0D9-4717-B74B-201C70F58F1B.jpeg
    D0AB4D59-E0D9-4717-B74B-201C70F58F1B.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF, Scott. You will find our MG forum very active, helpful and friendly! Be sure to jump in there too!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Scott

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking Midget. Good call to have the tires replaced before starting work on it especially if you had planned to use a tow dolly to move it to the shop.

David

OP
D

Dawg Fan

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello Scott

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking Midget. Good call to have the tires replaced before starting work on it especially if you had planned to use a tow dolly to move it to the shop.

David
Thank you, David! We will be using a flatbed tow truck to haul it to the shop.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Did you pay a lot for it? - Looks like your upside-down on already.