• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Charlotte, NC

Riggsp

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just acquired a1978 MGB that's in what I would call exceptional condition even though it needs a little TLC...This is a true barn find as I have not even heard it run. Loaded on the car hauler today and got it home. My background as a car enthusiast goes back several years (decades) as my wife and I are both retired. I am a former foreign car mechanic and auto machinist. I'm really looking forward to getting this little car going. As soon as I can figure how, I'll post a couple of pictures

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! sounds like a great project and like you are well suited to revive it!

we would love to see pics and. while you likely know, here is a helpful article on waking a sleeping MG by a former member - (scroll down.) > General Tech - Waking up a sleeping car thread <

OP
Riggsp

Riggsp

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for that info...first thing I have to do is get the clutch unstuck...it's been in the barn so long, the clutch disc is stuck to the flywheel.
The battery is on a charger right now, and I'm going to spend a little time cleaning to evaluate what I've gotten myself into (lol)...I'm really looking forward to getting it going.

OP
Riggsp

Riggsp

Freshman Member
Country flag
F57549CE-B915-4A07-8602-717482AB66FC.jpeg

Here it is...fresh out of the barn.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Really nice example, Rigg! Be sure to start posting also in our MG forum and ask any specific questions there. (Glad you figure out how to post a picture! )

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Welcome-there is a VERY active British car club in Charlotte-we met up with them on a group drive this last weekend.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Look up Mark Woolf if you need parts/help.
He's also in Charlotte.