• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member - 1971 Triumph GT6 MK3 - Nice to meet you all

Writer2022

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm new to this world. Bought my first classic car. It's a lot of fun to drive, but I'm guessing I'm going to need some of you guys to help me out with some advice on keeping it on the road!

To start with, you might be able to help me with this. I got a vehicle tax warning from DVLA. But when I go on the website, I can't find anywhere to register it as a classic that doesn't need taxing etc. Do I need to do something else?

Thanks

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
can't help with the DVLA but, welcome, sounds like a great car!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! Just where is Louth?
GT6's are cool cars.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi Writer, Just tax it as you normaly would, If it is pre January 1st 1982 there will be nothing to pay, as it will be exempt from taxation,
but you still have to Tax it as though it is still taxable.
You Just have to go through the motions.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Back of beyond mate! LOL! It's in Lincolnshire... Are you planning on stealing the car? :smile:

No,just wasn't sure what state,or country you're from.
I've never heard of it before.

OP
Writer2022

Writer2022

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for your responses. I had to print out a declaration to say that it was a historic vehicle, then take it to the post office with my current logbook. Then they sent my logbook away and sent me a new one with "historic vehicle" written on it. So now it's registered as though it was taxed, but with the historic vehicle listing. Thanks

carfool

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm new to this world. Bought my first classic car. It's a lot of fun to drive, but I'm guessing I'm going to need some of you guys to help me out with some advice on keeping it on the road!

To start with, you might be able to help me with this. I got a vehicle tax warning from DVLA. But when I go on the website, I can't find anywhere to register it as a classic that doesn't need taxing etc. Do I need to do something else?

Thanks
Welcome. Sweet little machine , the GT6. Good choice