• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRC

I am still at a loss as to where I find the capabilities listed for Gold Membership:

Where do I find Credits for Trading Post?
And how do I change my avatar Title?

Where is the Blog capability?

Anyone?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
JRC said:
I am still at a loss as to where I find the capabilities listed for Gold Membership:

Where do I find Credits for Trading Post?
And how do I change my avatar Title?

Where is the Blog capability?

Anyone?

Look under "My Stuff" then "Subscriptions" and when on the subscriptions page, click on any of the "Click for Details" links to see the differences in the subscription levels. One thing that isn't shown (I need to add it) is that if you are a Gold member or higher you can, if you want, have a blog hosted here. If you want a blog, all you need to do is PM me and I'll set it up for you.

Basil

dvr

Just wondering if the forum has an archive of posts in each car category??? So we can search a topic without having to ask the same questions over and over.

Thanks,

Dan

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
dvr said:
Just wondering if the forum has an archive of posts in each car category??? So we can search a topic without having to ask the same questions over and over.

Thanks,

Dan

If you go to advanced search, you can search the entire archive of posts going back 11 years. HOWEVER, while not asking the same question if it's already been asked sounds like a good idea - what would that do to forum activity? It would kill it. Also, when someone asks a question that has already been asked, some new person who wasn't here the first time may have some new spin on the answer that wasn't considered when the first thread was posted.

I encourage people to use the search feature, but at the sometime, having an on-going conversation about these cars is really what the forum is all about - that and making new friends.

Steppenwolf

Re: New Help Forum PASSWORD

I'm using this password that was sent to me be the forum-bot.

The message said that my old password will still work but I would rather change it.

How do I do that?

I went to Edit Pref and see a bunch of ************** for my password. If that is indeed the password that I chose I will never remember what it might be.

Thanks

Steppenwolf

Re: New Help Forum The Search funtion

I typed something like: " production dates of BJ8's "

Up comes a page full of posts most are a big ? for " why are these posts coming up for that specific post "

Any suggestion for getting the search to be more specific?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Steppenwolf said:
I'm using this password that was sent to me be the forum-bot.

The message said that my old password will still work but I would rather change it.

How do I do that?

I went to Edit Pref and see a bunch of ************** for my password. If that is indeed the password that I chose I will never remember what it might be.

Thanks

The ***** you see are masking your password for security reasons. You can highlight the password field (so all the **** are selected), then either delete the current password or just type over it to create a NEW password. Note that when you typo the new password in, you will see "*" in place of the characters you type. Again, this is for security purposes.

Steppenwolf

I'll give it a try. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I will have to write for another temp password/

Thanks

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Steppenwolf said:
I'll give it a try. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I will have to write for another temp password/

Thanks

When you type in the new password, you will also see all ****** when you save it. Let us know if it works. (It should)

Steppenwolf

I just tried signing into the forum from another computer with this temp password and it did not work. I sent for another temp; copied and pasted it in along with my user name. Same error message.

Now that I think about it I wonder if I joined on one computer and get locked out of the other. I didn't think that I originally forgot my password.

Do I still try this process of going to preferences and changing the password?

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Type in your password, don't copy and paste. What computer you're on should not matter one bit.

GBT

Freshman Member
Hi Basil,
The MG forum is no longer available to me or on the forum list when I open it. Did I do something wrong or is the forum shut down or ??? Thanks for your help...

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
where did the quote, reply etc go on the pub?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
weewillie said:

I'm wondering too. Glad I'm not the only one Willie. All the others re fine, maybe it got stuck at Canadian Customs?
grin.gif

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Ah! good call may be checking it for turkey and stuffing

funny thing is Steve was able to post 25 mins ago and 2 mins ago. of course he is a mod :yesnod:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
JPSmit said:
weewillie said:

I'm wondering too. Glad I'm not the only one Willie. All the others re fine, maybe it got stuck at Canadian Customs?
grin.gif

That's just what I jumped in here for! Where's the pub? Can't lock out the pub! If the PUB is closed, I'll just have to go to the BAR! :jester:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just posted a "Sticky" - Stay tuned!

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Mickey, you should stop getting your "sticky's"from the dollar store as it didn't stick :wink:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
:lol:

Took it down when the problem was resolved.

Things get sticky enough 'round here...

Status
Not open for further replies.