Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Got serious about traction and not having to constantly fix the front end after it raises off the ground and slams down... got the parts I needed as well for the raise and tilt function on the front end. Going to start hammering that out this week.
Yeah, once I get the rear back in the car I'll look at the length, etc. Also going to remake the rear center bar between the wheels so it's wider. That will allow it to bolt up to the rear-end better. Lastly I'll powdercoat it all Purdy like
I got some work done on the little car... started on the mounts for the raise up then tilt forward feature on the front end. I'm probably making it over complicated but I want it to have plenty of adjustment in it, be sturdy as heck, and not flex.
The all thread will have a plate welded on the bottom and that will go in between the bolt in the heim joint. The square tubing will be slit so that all thread can ride inside it and stop at the top of the tubing. The tubing will be bonded to the front end via other plates on the tube and panel adhesive. Hopefully that all makes sense.
Doc, you would appreciate my "Safety" house shoes... while I was plasma cutting, foot started getting hot. Found out later why when I flipped the shoe over. I guess I stepped on a piece of the hot slag. Didn't go all the way through thankfully.
Maybe this will explain better what I'm thinking as far as the raise and tilt function... it's not finished but getting closer. It has to raise up before tilting because I would have to cut a ton of the bonnet towards the windshield area if it just tilted since the blower setup is so tall. This will help me not have to cut it more hopefully. We'll see I guess. After I get all the front mocked up, before I do the panel adhesive, I'm going to rough out the hinge assembly on the cowl so I can make sure everything is kosher before making it permanent.
Obviously everything is just roughed in right now so don't beat me up too bad on the work
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.