• Hi Guest - Welcome to the New BCF!! Welcome to the new (as of 2/22/21) British Car Forum. For help navigating this platform, see: This forum
  • Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

New Forum Upgrade Question

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Hello,
First, Thanks for the upgrade, Basil!
In the previous version, I had my Forum set so that the most recent post in any thread was shown first. I am sure that it is right under my nose, but I don’t seem to be able to find the place in settings (or some other location) where I can adjust so that the same is true in the “new“ Forum. As things are now, the first post is shown for each thread. Can someone point out where I change this setting? Thanks.
Lin

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
BCF all new posts.jpg

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
I don’t want to see all new posts. What I am looking for is the most recent post first in each existing thread. Thanks.

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Well, it is not the same as the “old” forum in that the chronological order of the thread is not reversed, but if you click on the column to the right that highlights when the last post was made, you will be taken to the most recent post. Like I said, not quite the same, but you do get to start reading with the latest contribution rather than the first.
Lin

Healey Nut

Jedi Knight
I have a question Re the classified section .
you used to be able to edit your ad (I have one for BJ8/BT7 parts) I used to be able to update it as parts were sold off to save people messaging me for parts that are now gone .
Why am I not able to edit it anymore ?

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Speaking of "edit" function... how do you edit a post that you made? On the old platform, there was a button the originator of the Post could use to edit their own post. I may be a bit dull since I'm recovering from surgery, but I don't see that function.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I have a question Re the classified section .
you used to be able to edit your ad (I have one for BJ8/BT7 parts) I used to be able to update it as parts were sold off to save people messaging me for parts that are now gone .
Why am I not able to edit it anymore ?
I need to adjust the permissions for the classifieds. Growing pains don’t ya know.