Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
The cupholder insert was cut from a cheap holder I purchased at Walmart. The console hinge is very cheap, it broke on short order, I replaced it with piece of piano hinge. I put pins in the front of the top cover to engage holes in the base, preventing side to side movement, should have done that right away the original hinge may have lasted a few days longer.
I also shortened the mounting legs a bit.
reason for edit....Oops, just thought I should point out that my seats are obviously not stock, don't it this will work with stock ones.
Thanks for jogging my memory, that setup looks very good. Nice looking seats too, but I'm pretty sure my 52 year backside would have a hard time settling in them!
The seats are Corbeau classics. I ordered them with inflatable lumbar support. I did thin down the bottom cushion so I could sit lower. I installed them years ago, I don't remember where I bought them. I am 5'11" and weighed 210 lb. They were a bit snug but not at all uncomfortable. I dropped 25 lbs., not quite as snug. I am 61 and the old back gives me some problems. These seats these have made driving the TR much more pleasant for me.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.