• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nervous passenger

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I go out on test drives with customers on a daily basis. Some are very good, some are perfectly competent, and some...

As a salesweasel for the Alfa/Lotus/Porsche shop, I know whereof you speak. My fellow sales guy was the unfortunate one to be aboard an Alfa Spider the prospective buyer unskillfully put out of control on a two lane, downhill, PA twisty-windy and installed it into some trees forty feet down an embankment.

Country flag
Too easy. They should have their license taken, run through a shredder, the pieces then fired from a cannon over a cliff. The marched to the nearest bus stop, put aboard and tied firmly to a seat and told "be gone thou spawn of driving idiocy, never darken my lot again with your incomprehensible lack of skill and sense lest you be struck on the head from on high".

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Too easy. They should have their license taken, run through a shredder, the pieces then fired from a cannon over a cliff. The marched to the nearest bus stop, put aboard and tied firmly to a seat and told "be gone thou spawn of driving idiocy, never darken my lot again with your incomprehensible lack of skill and sense lest you be struck on the head from on high".

That description could be used on most drivers all over southern New England ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2017/06/27/where-to-find-americas-worst-drivers/

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That description could be used on most drivers all over southern New England ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2017/06/27/where-to-find-americas-worst-drivers/

I can believe that list - see my post #8 about my experience taking a taxi in Boston once. (I've also driven a rental car in Boston when I was working up at Hanscom AFB (lew into Boston).

I'm also not surprised that there were three towns in Texas on the best driver list. Texas is very serious about enforcing their traffic laws. you don't want to speed going through Texas. Trust me on that.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Actually, never offer a female advice on anything unless she specifically requests it and then only if the advice is what she wants to hear.
'

Ah, I see you are a wise man. I have rarely been a passenger because somehow I just know I'm a safe driver. Sometime I have been known to have a heavy foot to test my skills, however usually with little or no traffic and alone! Confession is good for the soul.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
It is fascinating to me that everyone assumes they are an above average driver.

100 years ago I worked at Jasper Park Lodge Alberta. We finished work and hitchhiked to Calgary for the stampede. Got picked up by a wild driver - speeding- passing on blind corners- did the only thing I could think of- I went to sleep:smile:

โ€when I die I hope it is in my sleep like it was for my grandfather- not screaming like the rest of the people in his car.โ€ :devilgrin:

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
When my dad first started teaching, the school's principal was driving him somewhere when he knocked the mirror off of a parked car. The driver's comment..."Whoa, that was close".

My mother-in-law was always a nervous passenger. One time she put her foot through the floorboards on the passenger side while "applying the brakes".

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It is fascinating to me that everyone assumes they are an above average driver.

100 years ago I worked at Jasper Park Lodge Alberta. We finished work and hitchhiked to Calgary for the stampede. Got picked up by a wild driver - speeding- passing on blind corners- did the only thing I could think of- I went to sleep:smile:

โ€when I die I hope it is in my sleep like it was for my grandfather- not screaming like the rest of the people in his car.โ€ :devilgrin:

That wasn't a Black '73 Fury,with rabbits in the trunk,was it?

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
And I have trouble texting sitting at the kitchen table so I am not about to try to text at 60 mph on the freeway.

Have seen people with a book or newspaper spread out on the wheel while the drove down the road.

David

I think I am above average anymore, by the simple fact that when I drive my phone is in my pants pocket...

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
And I have trouble texting sitting at the kitchen table so I am not about to try to text at 60 mph on the freeway.

Have seen people with a book or newspaper spread out on the wheel while the drove down the road.

David

Replyong tu pooosts non thw forme id rlly difficult whle drovinh om bummy roadx.

(I'm kidding!)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

David

Most amazing I ever saw was a guy doing the crossword.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I saw a couple both eating off plates with forks while driving through one of the worst areas of RT 95 in Providence.

Country flag
Followed a guy up I71 for a couple miles one day who was apparently holding a meeting and eating lunch as he cruised. Had a sandwich in one hand, phone in the other, papers he was digging through on the dash and it seemed the passenger seat and was steering with his left leg up on the wheel. Figured I was better off passing and being out front of someone who seemed to be daring the universe to do something..

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Posted this a couple of years ago but its apropos now. Boca Raton Florida. A few years ago. Lady pulls up in a convertible - stops at red light. Latte Grande in one hand and a cellphone in the other. What was she steering with? Maybe I shouldn't try to answer that question.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Posted this a couple of years ago but its apropos now. Boca Raton Florida. A few years ago. Lady pulls up in a convertible - stops at red light. Latte Grande in one hand and a cellphone in the other. What was she steering with? Maybe I shouldn't try to answer that question.

Steering with her airbags?

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag

Saline bags? I am not up on the latest technology in that department...

(Sorry for the bad humor, but with this post i successfully transitioned from warrior to knight! Woo-hoo! - I have a ways to go on some of you!)