Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Just a small point on the screw's. You can't beat having a impact screw driver in your tool chest. A screw can be pretty mangled and still come out. Also using one elimates buggered scew heads!
KA.
OK, so here I am. I've got the front brakes tore down, and I'm staring at totally ripped and torn up rack boots. So to replace them, I need to get into the tie rod, right??? The tie rod end has to come off, right? And in order to do this, I've gotta take off the steering arm, right??????? So if all of this is right, can I start at the steering arm, take it off, then the tie rod ends? How do I deal with the tab washer at the steering arm?
When I replaced the rack boots on my Bugeye I just unscrewed the tie rod ends from the rack arms... Then the new boots just slide right on...
I made a note as to how many turns to remove the tie rods, so when I put it back together it was close where they were before I started. I needed to do an "alignment" any way.
One other thing make sure you get the correct boots - later model boots do not work. I got mine from VB...
cd
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.