Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Just a rule I made after considerable aggravation: all ways "trial" fit the clutch disk onto the transmission shaft before you start the installation! A bur on the clutch disk spline can be as aggravating as a bur in other dark places. Eye balling does not work as well as a fit up.
If you have a Auto-Zone around, you can get an alignment tool there for 20 bucks. They'll work on many different clutch and pilot bearing sizes. I've used mine on the "B" and also on my old Ford tractor.
I don't have much skill, but I don't let that stop me.
Some time ago, I got a Sherline mill and lathe. I've used it for all kinds of projects, including making new shafts and bushings for SU carbs and an improved shutter for my CraneXR700 CD ignition. Lots of fun, and very therapeutic. It's surprising how easy it is to hold close tolerances with these small, precision tools. One-mil tolerances, if you're careful, are not that hard to meet.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.