Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
But they're for my solid axle TR4A not the 3A but would fit either one. And I thought you were new to TRs? Very good, I thought that I'd have to give hints.
Do they make u-bolts long enough to add those in on top of the spacers already in a TR4A solid Axle? hehehehe.
Nice fabrication job. They look professional.
I have a new old set of u-bolts from Moss that are just long enough if I change or remove the rear sway bar mounting. Hard to find long 3/8" ubolts but there is a machine shop here that makes them.
I had Hagerstown Spring and Axle ,a shop that works on truck axles, make new longer U-bolts for me. They did it while I watched. The price was very inexpensive.
The only problem was that the didn't have any threaded rod in the original diameter (was it 5/16? I forget) so the new ones are 1/16th oversize and I had to drill the plates to fit them.
I told everyone that I got the up-rated U-bolts from Racetorations for many, many pounds.
I was guessing the Moss bolts could work - they are longer, I had to cutoff the ends after mounting a new set of springs last year - that was one a similar late TR4 setup with the high arch springs and spacers.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.