• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My wife is a very cruel person!

Harold

Bronze
Country flag
Today is April 1st--does this date mean anything? So I was busy drinking coffee, and reading the paper, and my wife looked out the window,
and yelled (loudly!)---OUR CAR IS GONE--SOMEONE STOLE OUR NEW CAR!---we had just bought a new Honda Fit a couple of days ago!
I jumped up--saw the smile on her face, remembered the date--she got me again! You would think after 45 years of marriage, I would be wise to
April Fools Day!--She's got me, probably 35 of the 45 of the April Fools Days.! I would guess that she thinks that if she gives me a heart attack,
she could inherit the 1955 Nash Metropolitan (fully restored--open for bids!) sitting in the driveway--that's probably not it! ------Inherit the house,
that's probably not it either----it's her house anyway--since she's done 90% of the work on the house and garden, while I've been laying underneath some
old British car--ostensibly working, but generally taking a nap! She could perhaps marry a younger man, I'm 85--she could find a man (has to love animals),
perhaps in his early 70's! (No old British rust buckets in his back yard!) I can't speculate what her reasons might be!

Okay--let's come down to earth--she loves these old British cars! When we lived in England--we drove a 1953 Morris Minor and a 1967 Austin A35--
Then shipped them back to California--She drove them all the time--Here in the Bay Area (San Francisco), I restored--rough guess--10
British cars and them sold them on ebay--craigslist---etc--sold them for probably 2 thousand bucks less than what I had into them is parts--
Just get enough for "seed money" for the next project---it's been a wonderful life--but the pandemic is unfortunately is putting an end to it!

s

Last edited: