• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My Stinkin' Brother

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
bought the e-type I was looking at and posted about on here a while back, 63 roadster, rolls, appears complete, but partially disassembled, major mechanicals intact, but a lot of parts removed, trim, carbs, interior, etc. It is a total basket case, but I have seen worse, but he got a deal, if you can call buying a car you will have to put years of work and tens of thousands of dollars in to get back on the road a deal.

He is a few years closer to retirement than me and figures start slow now and finish it up then, I am not upset, I passed on the car, would have loved to have bought it, but when I thought about the time it would take me to get it done (money too, but more so the time, of course if I had more money I could trade It for my time!), was actually pretty cool just doing an initial assessment of the car with him out in the garage the other day. Can't come up with anything major missing, but I am sure during the restoration there will be one or two parts won't show up at the needed time...

Country flag
Snooze you lose but at least you know here it is. He may get tried of it and sell it to you after he's put time and money into it. I'm right in the middle of a TR250 resto but would put it on the back burner to get another S1 E type right now.

Marv

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Marvin, there you go again!!! What happened to the XK8, I've see a few down your way that look really nice. Call before you pull the trigger.

Wayne

Country flag
Wayne- drove a real clean white XK8 about a month ago. It was nice but felt like all the other new cars. Lost my want for one. Can't work on one of them either.

Marv

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Well, there's that too, but did you look good??? We are having fun aren't we?

Wayne

Country flag
Having fun, today a local guy tried to trade me a MGA in on the MGTF I have. Don't think I'm going to do another MGA anytime soon. Need to clean out the barn some more.

Marv