• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB My rattles

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I wonder if my noise could be windows. Another something to try.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I wonder if my noise could be windows. Another something to try.
could it be you? you aren't getting any younger you know :D

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My gosh it could be me.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Several big guys and myself literally shook the car and noted a nasty noise coming from rear right wheel???

Not gone inside yet, any thoughts that might help. Only raddles when shook from side to side.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Forgot to say. My first thought is a Hub Bearing that has died or is in process of doing so.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Forgot to say. My first thought is a Hub Bearing that has died or is in process of doing so.

I am at my summer place in the Mtns of NC and have left the car in Atlanta. Plenty enough other stuff to do up there.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Several big guys and myself literally shook the car and noted a nasty noise coming from rear right wheel???

Not gone inside yet, any thoughts that might help. Only raddles when shook from side to side.
If it is a true rattle - as opposed to things rubbing, I would be looking at the dust shield. I might also see if something has dropped down the fender (assuming it is like the Midget in that respect)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Or perhaps the damper mounting bolts loose or the link's bushes deteriorated?

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
None of the above will keep chasing.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
wheel nuts tight? (being serious - it has happened to me)