• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My newest British car (a pair!)

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Alright more of the toy kind ;) ... I've owned the green Triumph 2000 for over 15 years... Just purchased the white one yesterday at an automotive swap meet... I think I paid about $20 for the green... Only paid $2 yesterday for the white one, albeit missing the trunk entirely...

For those wondering, I kind of have a special relationship with Triumph 2000's as rare as they are in North America, few were sold... I considered buying one that was for sale here in Calgary back in 2000 (I know ironic), I knew the owner fairly well through the local British car community, and even drove the car once... It never did happen in the end, and someone else purchased it...

Triumph Diecast 02.jpg

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Cool find! I don't think I've ever seen a Triumph 2000 in the flesh.
The first time I saw the Calgary Triumph 2000 was after a major spring snowstorm, very deep snow, late 1990's I think... I walked (waded through deep snow) to buy a paper from our local drugstore... And there was the Triumph 2000, the only car parked in the plaza as I recall, I'm trying to think if I knew what it was back then... I talked to the owner, Rod, a few years later and he told on that night the car couldn't get up a hill so he just parked it there... One of those moments I wish had a camera, this was pre-photography... He lived nearby where I lived at that time...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I saw one in Eureka (CA) many years ago.It was a
white automatic.It turned up years later sitting on a guy's
property.He said that he'd give it away,if someone wanted
it.I tried & tried,but couldn't find any takers.
I seem to remember reading that Triumph made their
dealers take one for every XX amount of TRs/Spitfires.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I saw one in Eureka (CA) many years ago.It was a
white automatic.It turned up years later sitting on a guy's
property.He said that he'd give it away,if someone wanted
it.I tried & tried,but couldn't find any takers.
I seem to remember reading that Triumph made their
dealers take one for every XX amount of TRs/Spitfires.

I've never heard that before, may well be true, although I think the 2000 was a decent car, but in North America the Rover 2000 was a more popular car and at one point the same parent company made both the Rover and Triumph 2000, and the Rover was basically chosen for over here

But Canada did briefly get the Triumph 1300 saloon car in the late 1960's, I don't think many were sold, I have personally seen one

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Several years ago the organizers of Triumphest raffled a 2000. i bought several tickets, not luck. As I recall the car was white with a blue stripe. i think I saw it for sale sometime later - maybe Ebay? I thought the cars were cool.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've never heard that before, may well be true, although I think the 2000 was a decent car, but in North America the Rover 2000 was a more popular car and at one point the same parent company made both the Rover and Triumph 2000, and the Rover was basically chosen for over here

But Canada did briefly get the Triumph 1300 saloon car in the late 1960's, I don't think many were sold, I have personally seen one

A 1300? - Holy Toledo.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
A 1300? - Holy Toledo.

2010 and a visit to Victoria, BC... Met up with Ian, a British car collector I had previously had some e-mail contact with... This is his 1300 in his garage, just getting some repair work done... And I got a ride in his Triumph Atlas van that day...

Triumph 1300 01.jpg

Triumph Atlas 01.jpg

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great pics - I've never met Ian though we may have chatted once by phone - He is legendary on the left coast though. I think this is his website

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I thought those were his.I have his business card around here somewhere.
I seem to remember buying some Anglia parts from him.
Small World.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Ian has owned that Atlas Van since the late 1960's, one of few ever sold in North America with the Triumph on it, of course many Standard Atlas vans were sold in England...

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Congrats on finally getting a Triumph 2000. The upkeep and storage is at least easy! I remember Rod's one back in the day.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats on finally getting a Triumph 2000. The upkeep and storage is at least easy! I remember Rod's one back in the day.
I have actually owned the green one for 15 years, purchased it at an antique mall in Ontario when I lived there, but at $2 couldn't resist the this white one, even with a missing trunk...