• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My "New" Truck

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've been looking for one like this since I moved here,& finally found it.
1994 Dodge Dakota - 318 V8,automatic,4WD,75,000 miles,rebuilt transmission -
due to a screw up by a shop,almost no rust,heavy duty transmission & rear end.
I'm hoping this one will last me the rest of my life.Now I need to switch out some
of the parts between the two (I like the wheels on my older one better.
Dodge Dakota #6 008.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 009.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 006.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 007.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 012.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 011.JPG
Dodge Dakota #6 010.JPG

We went down to SE Tennessee,near Elizabethton & returned home through
NW North Carolina.VERY scenic countryside - wish we had more time to see it.I saw
a lot of really interesting vehicles on the drive,but didn't have time to take pictures.
This also a nice break from all the problems I've been having,but still won't be
able to do much work on it myself,without help.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Now *that* is a pickup! no flame-belching vertical exhaust pipes, and not covered in bling.

Congratulations on the truck, and on taking the scenic drive to get it! You now have yet another goal for when you feel better.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Very nice, and clean pickup Doug! I'm happy you've found one that you like.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Now *that* is a pickup! no flame-belching vertical exhaust pipes, and not covered in bling.
Tom, you don't like vertical pipes on Dodges?
1978-dodge-lil-red-express.jpeg.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
gak

(Actually I admire tech work on just about anything. But often the result of the work gives a clue to what the vehicle will be used for - screeching of tires, wheelies, burnouts, dangerous driving in public areas, "my pipe flames are bigger than your pipe flames", etc.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks! - I bought it from the second owner.He told me that the first owner
only used it on weekends,& to go antiquing with his wife.Not my favorite color combination,
but these are getting harder to find in this condition.Hard to believe it's over 28 years old.
I hope we can go back to that area in one of the sports cars & see what it looks
like when the leaves are on the trees.Also saw gas for $2.999/gallon in NC.I waited until we
got back in Virginia to buy the expensive stuff ($3.099).

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice score, Doug!

Down here diesel fuel is scratchin' at $6.00/gallon near the Interstate exits. More "inland" at $5.50. :mad:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Nice truck Doug! (y) Were down below the$3.00 mark here, in the $2.90s so far.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Not my favorite color combination,
but these are getting harder to find in this condition.Hard to believe it's over 28 years old.
The other day I realized that my 96 Miata is older than my 79 Spitifire was when I bought it back in 01.