Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
on the 948cc motors, what holds the round MOWOG oil pump cover to the backplate? Does it go under the bakplate, between the backplate and the block? Or some sort of gasket adhesive just attached to the backplate itself?
THANKS
Excuse please. On a 948 the cover goes on the outside back of the backplate and is held on with solder or in my case brazeing. Solder from the factory.
Brazing is easy, take it to your friendly welding shop. I have seen sodder crack/melt from time to time and destroy an engine. Folks were not watching temp and oil pressure I guess.
I will agree with Jack since it has been a lot of years since I played with a 948 (I thought that they were the same as the 1275) and any radiator shop should be able to solder the can on.
Bill
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.