Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
If you want something that will bolt to both holes, you'll probably have to fabricate it yourself. Any hardware store, Home Depot, etc. should have some flat iron that you can drill and cut to suit.
As Randall said for aftermarket horns I would make brackets. Originals were triangle shaped flat metal pieces. About a half inch hole at the point were the horn mounted and three holes in the back to mount to the car. Only outer two used to bolt to the car. I can probably get you a picture tomorrow or even a couple of original brackets. They are small, about two & half long where hey mount on car , then three inches out to rounded point. Your aftermarkets I'm sure will not be lucky enough to mount correctly.
My MGC (whose horns are dead) as a removable bracket with the exact size holes for mounting, but of course it is angled completely wrong. I'm pretty sure I cannot bend them to be right without making a mess of them.
I'll just plan on fabricating something - thanks guys!
Hey, Tom I picked up some aftermarket high/low horns at Pep Boys for my 6, Fiamms, as I recall. They came with everything needed to directly bolt into the spot where the old horns were. Don't know how the 4 differs from the 6 regarding horn location.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.