• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mountain Lion?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I posted this picture on a Social media Website and called it a Mountain Lion. (People are always seeing them around here except there haven't been any since about 1870 except for one that wandered here from South Dakota about 12 years ago and got hit by a car on the Merritt Parkway in Milford. There are Bobcats, however, coming closer each year because of the Coyotes now found here.
Mountain Lion (2).JPG
You would not believe the guesses and comments - almost 200 and counting. What do you think it is?

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Beautiful panther ya got there. Black cats matter!

Had a few house panthers over the years. One of which is sitting next to my computer desk right now, stalking his midnight snack.

Been mountain biking the local wildlands for three decades, last two decades as a guide for the local wilderness conservancy. And finally, finally, after all these years, got to see mountain lions in the wild a couple of weeks ago.

We were patrolling a burn area that's been closed to the public for a couple of years now. The wildlife must be a little more active without all the people coming through. We rode up on a mama cougar with two kittens in the trail. Once they spotted us they turned off into trees and hightailed it out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Beautiful panther ya got there. Black cats matter!

We've spotted a tiger, a bobcat and a panther right here at th' hovel. They seem to tolerate one another's presence due to the abundance of sustenance available. Most other wildlife seems to have disappeared as a result.

LucyFace2.JPG

EthelFace.jpg

FredFace.jpg

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
40 some years ago my BIL brought home a kitten from W. Virginia. We always thought it had mountain lion inside it.
It weight 30lbs at it's peak and boy was it wild.
Not a speck of fat on that thing. Protected the women in the house. Had a slight hatred for males.
Vet said it was the largest cat he'd ever seen
Jazz in Sink.jpg

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
15lb sewing partner. Waits for my wife to screw something up to get a new toy. Can jump straight up 8' and jump a 12' gap.

Attachments

• IMG_20180301_183303_kindlephoto-12580620.jpg
    IMG_20180301_183303_kindlephoto-12580620.jpg
    727.3 KB · Views: 25

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I posted this picture on a Social media Website and called it a Mountain Lion. (People are always seeing them around here except there haven't been any since about 1870 except for one that wandered here from South Dakota about 12 years ago and got hit by a car on the Merritt Parkway in Milford. There are Bobcats, however, coming closer each year because of the Coyotes now found here. View attachment 73354You would not believe the guesses and comments - almost 200 and counting. What do you think it is?
I had an 18 pound black panther like that called Stretch.