• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Model A Update

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I first posted here on the Model A project when we started the restoration in September 2019. Well, except for adding the pin striping and a thorough cleaning, the restoration is done. If you missed that thread, it formerly was a restored car owned by one of my shop partners but it was involved in a garage fire in 2006. It took its first road trip today, around the block. Well, Dick got a little zealous and decided on 2 blocks. It got almost half way before "running out of gas." Being the wiser (skeptical) one, I stayed at the shop and delivered more petrol when I got the call. With plenty of fuel, it again ran out of gas 100 yards short of home. It turned out to be crud, probably rust, in the tank clogging screens. Well, yet one more thing to deal with Monday. Anyway, here it is, not even cleaned up yet. I hope that andalusite (very dark) blue body shows up on the internet.
FirstDrive.jpg

Well, after posting I can see it really doesn't show up. Dick's brother calls it "light black." The body around the windows and below the belt line is actually blue. You can sort of see it is not the same black as the fenders and upper back. That is a much lighter blue at the window openings.

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks fabulous!!

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Ian but it is not well-maintained. It is an almost finished frame-off restoration. It was severely damaged in a garage fire in 2006.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I first posted here on the Model A project when we started the restoration in September 2019. Well, except for adding the pin striping and a thorough cleaning, the restoration is done. If you missed that thread, it formerly was a restored car owned by one of my shop partners but it was involved in a garage fire in 2006. It took its first road trip today, around the block. Well, Dick got a little zealous and decided on 2 blocks. It got almost half way before "running out of gas." Being the wiser (skeptical) one, I stayed at the shop and delivered more petrol when I got the call. With plenty of fuel, it again ran out of gas 100 yards short of home. It turned out to be crud, probably rust, in the tank clogging screens. Well, yet one more thing to deal with Monday. Anyway, here it is, not even cleaned up yet. I hope that andalusite (very dark) blue body shows up on the internet.
View attachment 73971
Well, after posting I can see it really doesn't show up. Dick's brother calls it "light black." The body around the windows and below the belt line is actually blue. You can sort of see it is not the same black as the fenders and upper back. That is a much lighter blue at the window openings.
It shows up on my computer and looks great! A few of those around when I was a kid in the 40s, Po folks everyday transportation! They didn't look like yours though! They were great in the snow with the narrow tires and high wheels would drive right around more modern cars of the day stuck in the snow. They weren't very warm in the winter, the exhaust manifold heater with its 3" hole in the firewall didn't work very well. :rolleyes2: As I remember, they were very dependable though

OP
Bayless

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Basil. Owner took it home for the weekend to show for family gathering. Should be back Monday as there is still a little touch up needed then pin striping. Will try to get some better ones then. Meanwhile, this is where we started.
ToSandBlaster1.jpg