• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MK IV Jaguar lump as a daily driver on Vancouver Isd.

Rob Dodge

Freshman Member
My first car was a Austin A40. I have since had 2 MKII, a MKI, and 2 MKIV Jaguars and 5 Triumphs. My current MKIV was bought as a rusted hulk. I bought another '48 and after minimal repairs used it as the family daily driver for 2.5 years. I concluded the '39 technology was unsafe for regular use so wanted modern suspension and drive train but the look of the original car. With the suspension and running gear out of a "76 Mustang II and parts from 13 different makes and models I created a daily driver that is comfortable, safe and easy to maintain. I currently have the car apart for new paint and an engine rebuild.

Attachments

• At the begining Nov, 2002.jpg
    At the begining Nov, 2002.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 11nov04 8.JPG
    11nov04 8.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 11nov04 5.JPG
    11nov04 5.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 25

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great! and welcome! Nice to have as a daily. What are you using for an engine? Last time we were in Nanaimo - we drove up from Victoria, get Nanaimo bars and drove back. :smile:

cheers!
JP

OP
Rob Dodge

Rob Dodge

Freshman Member
looks great! and welcome! Nice to have as a daily. What are you using for an engine? Last time we were in Nanaimo - we drove up from Victoria, get Nanaimo bars and drove back. :smile:

cheers!
JP
The donner Mustang had a 2.8 l. V6 with a C4 automatic transmission so I just used them. As I wasn't sure if the project would work I spent as little as I could and did everything myself. Now that it has proved itself I am rebuilding the engine and maybe the tranny.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
very cool! and clearly there were no problems with the width of the engine - I would love to see a pic under the hood/ bonnet - if it has an American engine does it become a hood? :smile:

cheers

OP
Rob Dodge

Rob Dodge

Freshman Member
very cool! and clearly there were no problems with the width of the engine - I would love to see a pic under the hood/ bonnet - if it has an American engine does it become a hood? :smile:

There are a few issues with the width all round. The 2.8 l, V6 is a 60 degree V so narrower than the 90 degrees typical of a Ford 302 or Chev 350 so when I decided to rebuild or repower my choice became no choice as the 302 which I could get as a crate engine for less than the rebuild of the 2.8 and would bolt right to the C4 would not fit. As it is I had to fabricate a special bracket to mount the alternator and there is no room for a power steering pump so it is "fun" to parallel park. I wanted true knock-off wire wheels and had them custom laced to keep the tires inside the fenders - easier than narrowing the Mustang front suspension and rear end. As the picture shows the steering was tricky to route clear of the exhaust. From the outside it is a classic Brit so still has a bonnet.

Attachments

• pic048.jpg
    pic048.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
  • pic046.jpg
    pic046.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 24

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great! shoehorned but great - well done