• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Milky Way over Cabazon

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
No Milky Way up here. Lucky if you see 10-12 stars including Venus & Mars. If I were King, I would decree one day each month as Dark Sky Day - no lights from dusk to dawn. Let people see what's out there. Florida seems no better these days.

That would be an idea I could support! Once, a couple years ago we had a major power outage in our little town that lasted a couple days! We had some dark skys then I can tell you!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Many years ago on a trip to South Africa we were camping in the bush. After the sun went down it was a sight to behold seeing the Milky Way and Southern Cross.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Last time I saw the Milky Way was about 30 years ago on the beach at Captiva Island in Florida. I'll bet it won't be the same now. Maybe this winter I'll try it again - but I think the bridge to the mainland may close after dark. I'll have to check it out.

YakkoWarner

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That would be an idea I could support! Once, a couple years ago we had a major power outage in our little town that lasted a couple days! We had some dark skys then I can tell you!

I can sometimes catch a faint glimpse of the Milky Way on winter nights since I live fairly far out from the city. The last time I saw it well was from the front deck of a cruise ship pretty much dead center in the Gulf of Mexico - they keep the foredeck area from the bridge forward dark even though the rest of the ship looks like a footbal stadium at night. With clear skies and looking forward over the bow, the star field was impressive indeed.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I sailed a race from Galveston to Vera Cruz sometime about 1980. We got about 150 miles off shore. That was the last time I saw the milky way.