Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My Haynes manual states 17A for all fuses, for cars from GAN5-105501 on. I don't know how available 17 amp fuses are, or even if that's a standard value. You may have to use 15 or 20. I think 15 would be OK for all except maybe the one that serves the cigarette lighter socket, if you actually use it as a lighter.
I dont use the haynes manual so I dont know which type it lists but you may want to check out the wiki for fuse conversion to make sure you have the right one in there.
I found 17amp fuses that fit the fuse box at a small town auto parts store. The box looked like it had been on the shelf for many years and the labeling indicated that they were originally intended to be fitted in a farm tractor. Fitting considering the heritage of the Stanpart engine in my '79.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.