• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Michael at NJMP / SVRA

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
This picture of our own Michael O. is from the New Jersey Motorsports Park SVRA event last weekend.

I was not there....just saw this picture and link on another site (I'll be there with my Spridget on Sept 19-21 for the VRG vintage event and vintage airshow)

~LINK~ to more pictures of this event.

_DSC1712+copy.jpg

porsche917k

Freshman Member
Thanks and glad you like the pics, they're mine and I had an absolute blast there, both this weekend and at the SCCA race a couple weeks earlier:

https://paulmarotta.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-jersey-motorsports-park-day-at-club.html
https://paulmarotta.blogspot.com/

Cheers, and I'll be there for the SHelby event next weekend.

Cheers!

Paul Marotta

aeronca65t said:
This picture of our own Michael O. is from the New Jersey Motorsports Park SVRA event last weekend.

I was not there....just saw this picture and link on another site (I'll be there with my Spridget on Sept 19-21 for the VRG vintage event and vintage airshow)

~LINK~ to more pictures of this event.

_DSC1712+copy.jpg

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
I was only able to make it for Sunday, but what a great event it was.

Mike was pitted next to us in the paddock with his real nice Elva Courier. Looking at the result, he did very well in the qualifying race Saturday with a 2nd in class and 6th overall amongst a very fast crowd. I'm not sure how he did today as his race was later in the day, but congrats to him.

The Triumph TR4 put on a show in the Saturday qualifying race battling it out with a much more nimble Lotus powered Morgan. They swapped back and forth for the lead a few times and were able to pull away from an incredibly fast Alfa. Today, luck wasn't on our side as we broke something in the drive line. We'll be back out on the track again with SVRA at the US Zippo Grand Prix.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Though most everyone had reservations about the track on Friday by end of day Sunday the consensus was that it was a lot of fun and will be much more so when the facilities are further along within the next year.

The track is quite intricate--the front half being pretty straightforward and the back very complex with a lot of time spent in linked-up turns. I was running a 4.55 diff and that was great for the tight sections but I was hitting redline in fourth at or before the starter's stand on the front straight and was wishing for a fifth speed! A taller gear might have left me flat on the back section.

The pace on Sunday was pretty furious. On the third or fourth lap I overcooked it into turn 10 and had to cut across the dirt, losing a few positions, and finished 9th.

Good meeting Monkey Wrench!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice work Paul!

...but I'm a bit miffed you don't have more shots of that GTa Alfa... :jester: