• Hey Guest!
    Yoda says: A FREE resource for the Little British Car community BCF is. Support us with an account upgrade, not many will (less than 1%) "Require" you to pay to play we don't, but if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and want to ensure we stay online - Supporting us with an "optional" low-cost member upgrade you should. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Seeing this UGLY banner, you won't)
Tips
Tips

Metallic Golden Beige BJ8s

I have one of the MGB cars. I have owned it for almost 50 years (bought it in December, 1969). I never liked the color so I had it painted Healey blue a couple of years later. I bought the car in Nashville TN. I wanted to buy a BRG that was for sale then and had been owned by Roy Orbison. It was $500 more than my budget. I settled on my MGB. I restored the car several years ago and it is back to MGB. This is the second time I painted it that color. The first time I ordered paint from California from a guy in Long Beach that claimed to have all the correct Healey colors. It turned out to be a lot more silver than beige. I actually liked the color but I knew it was not correct since we saw the original color when we removed the armacord from the trunk. It is now correct but it is modern 2 part which really makes the color pop in the sunlight. Mine is black interior and Steve has my car in his registry.

Having a car that had been (provably) owned by Roy Orbison would likely add considerable value to it. My dad's Mustang was originally bought by Alice Faye, but very few people--and no one under the age of 70--know who she was.

Having a car that had been (provably) owned by Roy Orbison would likely add considerable value to it. My dad's Mustang was originally bought by Alice Faye, but very few people--and no one under the age of 70--know who she was.
Jay Leno had a column about that. I suspect that there is an age where people would say "Roy who?" I don't know what age that is, but celebrity value eventually fades.

I’m looking for my 67 BJ8 3000 MK III MGB with black interior. My dad bought it used in 1968 for $2300 with 8000 miles on it and I drove it as my daily car until 1976 when I parked it indoors and then sold it in 2007. I know it went to Healeywerks in Lawton Iowa for minor repairs and then was resold and went to Texas where it was in a collection of vintage autos. It was 90 % original at that time. I lost the vin but I know it was one of the last 67 MGB 3000s shipped to the US. I’d sure like to know what happened to her.

If you can provide some last names of owners associated with that car, perhaps I have a record of them. I have acquired many historical sources for ownership history of BJ8s.

I bought my MGB car in December, 1969, in Nashville. The British Motor Heritage certificate says the car was built in early 1967. During restoration about 20 years ago, we found that the right front had been damaged and a kink in the frame between shock tower and motor mount which we corrected. The front shroud is a patchwork of aluminum that we called Frankenstein. The seats did not include the silver piping normally seen so I suspected the seats had been replaced. The car was just over 2 years old when I bought it. It must have been in a fairly significant wreck. We also removed about 5 pounds of lead on the right side fender. I figure I am probably the second owner, and the first owner must have had a pretty significant wreck. I purchased it from a used car dealership rather than an individual so I had no idea who had owned it previously or who had repaired it. It may have been bought at auction by the used car dealer and for some reason I feel that it had come from Texas. There may be someone out there who has some connection or recollection of the car.

If you can provide some last names of owners associated with that car, perhaps I have a record of them. I have acquired many historical sources for ownership history of BJ8s.
I have the VIN now. It’s HBJL40854 and I’ve attached some photos taken after the car went to Healeywerks. The 77 plates were still on her over 30 years later when the car left Chicago She was all original MGB paint except for the passenger side front fender. The one pic shows the chrome around the passenger side head light never sat right after that repair.

Attachments

• 40854 - R.jpeg
    40854 - R.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 40854 - F.jpeg
    40854 - F.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 40854 - CP.jpeg
    40854 - CP.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 13
I bought my MGB car in December, 1969, in Nashville. The British Motor Heritage certificate says the car was built in early 1967. During restoration about 20 years ago, we found that the right front had been damaged and a kink in the frame between shock tower and motor mount which we corrected. The front shroud is a patchwork of aluminum that we called Frankenstein. The seats did not include the silver piping normally seen so I suspected the seats had been replaced. The car was just over 2 years old when I bought it. It must have been in a fairly significant wreck. We also removed about 5 pounds of lead on the right side fender. I figure I am probably the second owner, and the first owner must have had a pretty significant wreck. I purchased it from a used car dealership rather than an individual so I had no idea who had owned it previously or who had repaired it. It may have been bought at auction by the used car dealer and for some reason I feel that it had come from Texas. There may be someone out there who has some connection or recollection of the car.
Yes, your car was originally dispatched from the factory 6 April 1967 to Fort Worth.