• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Memorial Day 2023

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I hope you all have a safe Memorial day and, if you are in US, are able to find a way to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, their lives. I saw a chyron on one of the major networks yesterday that said "Memorial day - honoring those who served."
I sent a note to the company (not that it will ever be seen) reminding them that Memorial Day is not about those of us who served, it is specifically about those who gave their lives in service to the country.

IMG_2618.JPG

Country flag
Originally Decoration Day from the time after the Civil War when it was created to honor those who lost their lives by decorating their graves. Then expanded in the 20th century and name changed to honor all who died during war times.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Good to see the Honor Guard ROTC "kids" at these events.

And curious about the last shot. Is the gent being recognized a member of the Koh Tang Beach Club?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Look at the text just above that picture.

No idea how that escaped my attention.

And BTW, really nice post work with the Honor Guard shot.