Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
They didn't show a transmision so that would be another issue. Motorcycle 700-800 lbs. Car 1500lbs two wheels, plus actual rear end drag...alot of torque causing stress on tranny
Love the idea, but peek in the engine bay and remind yourself JUST how tight it is. I can see one in a new Moggie three-wheeler though. An engine that pretty deserves to be outside. Wheeee!
...How would a 90 degree V-4 have balance problems? No, wait, I see it. It would have to be a flat-4 to even the impulses. ...Right? :crazy:
Biggest advantage I could see in placing this engine in a spridget is the engine could be set back against firewall moving weight toward center of car.
Sometimes you guys are just too practical! Me, I'm totally unencumbered by any knowledge of engineering and little knowledge of spatial relationships. The best part of this is that I can imagine what that engine might look or sound like in Midget without every really wondering or even caring whether it is doable. I daydream about stuff like this every day (I know, I need a life) knowing full well that my screaming 50 horsepower 1500 will drive my car to the end of its days.
My special world is very beautiful - come join me sometime.
that is so cool! its half of an LS7R, so i would think there's allot more power to be had than 140hp. but its probably super expensive too being so custom. I saw an article about a midget powered by a Yamaha R1 engine. looked really neat but i would imagine it would be horrible for the street, on/off clutch and you would have to rev the balls off it to get it moving.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.