• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Makin' The Best of a Bad Situation

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It did have okra, too, right?

Of course.

(I guess I just don't know how to do those quote thingies)

Country flag
I do question though, what's with making plants taste like animals?? If someone believes that animals products shouldn't be used or created for use, like hamburger and cheese, doesn't making it taste the same become sort of hypocritical?? After all, if you're protesting the preceived explotation of a living creature is it kind of like a "yea but" situation?? Where does "is" and "looks and tastes exactly like" becomes a difference with that makes no difference??

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You simply click on "Reply with Quote" at the bottom of someone's post.

Thanks Boss. Seems simple but now we'll see if I can remember that next time.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had a real Angus hamburger tonight with lettuce, tomato and a big slice of raw onion - washed down with a Guinness. Horseshoe Bar has good burgers. We had about 15 ukulele players, one harmonica player and and one upright bass player for rhythm. Everything from the Beatles You Won't See Me to Hurricane Smith's Oh Babe, What Would You Say.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
*drool* :wink-new:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I had a real Angus hamburger tonight with lettuce, tomato and a big slice of raw onion - washed down with a Guinness. Horseshoe Bar has good burgers. We had about 15 ukulele players, one harmonica player and and one upright bass player for rhythm. Everything from the Beatles You Won't See Me to Hurricane Smith's Oh Babe, What Would You Say.

Paul, do you know anyone who plays zither?

zither.jpg

I need a teacher!

Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If you find someone to teach you how to play a zither make sure you get references... they may be a lyre.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
At Meers the burgers are made from 100% range fed longhorn from the owners own ranch. They (the burgers, not the longhorn) are also as big as a pie plate.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
At Meers the burgers are made from 100% range fed longhorn from the owners own ranch. They are also as big as a pie plate.
That's a pretty small ranch :rolleye:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My post has been edited to appease the pedant. :welcoming:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What's the difference between a zither, a lute and a lyre?
I believe it how/where the strings are attached... but not entirely sure.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Wife and daughter ate at a Turkish deli today in Mt. Kisco. Really good. Anyway, the owner was a musician and played for them a saz - related to a lute. They brought me home a piece of baklava for dessert. Son also sent me some maple sugar leaves. I'm in heaven.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
What's the difference between a zither, a lute and a lyre?

This sounds like the beginning of a really funny joke!

But in case you're serious ...

zither

European-zither-Vienna.jpg

Lute

61obNNt9YxL._AC_SL1269_.jpg

Lyre

East-African-bowl-lyre-Oxford-Pitt-Rivers.jpg

or words to that effect ...