Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
It's raining today but finishing up a lot of loose ends and still have to finish door panels but the bugeye is ready to hit the road for the first time in almost 40 years.
Thank you. getting anxious it's raining again today. Taking it to a local show which is about 5 miles away. I think I have enough spares packed to rebuild the car. Lol. I'll get some pictures in the sun. Lol. Winter is just around the corner.
Car ran great except maybe slightly rich have to pull plugs and check. No major issues at all. After rain cleared I was able to get out and enjoy the day!
Thanks. The car was a big hit. Don't see any bugeyes around and very few sprites or midgets. A lot of pictures taken of the car that was for sure.
I debated many times putting the bumpers on or not. I wanted to get a nice clean look on the back. Muffler choice fit well but a lot bigger than I hoped. This ended up being round instead of oval. I have my next bugeye that will be a stock build I'll probably put those on that one.
Plates in Wisconsin takes 6-8 weeks to get collector plates so I have to keep registration paperwork from dmv in the car. Police around here won't really stop you unless they think you're drinking.
Looks great Mike, love the wheels on it. Are those big healey gauges? They looked like they had a gold face in that one picture..maybe it's the light. Enjoy!
Thanks. As far as I know they are the big healey gauges. These were what we're in the car when it was bought back in the 70s by my dad. I was just so used to them being in there I decided to keep them, have a tach drive setup working so until something stops working I'll leave them in there.
Wheels turned out nice. They're the American racing silverstones. Found them sitting in my dads garage, somehow ended up with a couple sets. Sandblasted them up then painted them turned out pretty well.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.