Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Some fooling around and I noticed that the resistance dropped to 0.5 ohms when I firmly closed the contacts on the voltage regulator bobbin. Being that these contacts are supposed to be normally closed I wonder if this is a big part of the problem?
Finally got to the car on Saturday - and wouldn't you know that I was able to solve the problem.
I took the new control box apart and noticed that the current relay armature arm was very loose (I thought it was broke). Checked the gap between the arm and the bobbin and it was at least twice what it should have been - and it looked like it was manufactured that way.
I reset the gap, the arm was nice and tight, reinstalled the control box and started the car up. Ignition light went off. Did some voltage tests at the battery and found that everything appeared to be working as it should.
Now time to get some miles behind the wheel in what is left of summer.
Thanks to all for the advice, encouragement and support.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.