Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
That is very sharp, well maintained. Definitely one of the nicest around. Not sure the radiator and carbs are original to that year, but perhaps so. Lots of pride of ownership, and not much to cause worry. The price is high, but I could see it go high.
Can anyone comment on that surrey top/backlight panel? Is that aftermarket or original?
The radiator should be correct if the commission number is CT9553 or higher and the carbs are correct (H6's) as long as the engine is earlier than CT21471E (or outside of CT16801E to CT16900E according to the SPC) where they used Strombergs. Short bubble hoods were only the early TR4's as well but I'm not sure where that changed at - the SPC lists a bonnet change at CT6429 so that could be when it happened.
The car has the correct interior pieces for a Surrey top hardtop which were different on a TR4 compared to a softtop car so I would guess this is an original but it is interesting that it's painted white on the inside.
I admit I don't know enough to know whether the rear window surrounds were painted or "trimmed" on these. And the one photo doesn't really help (me) that much:
OTOH, I'm intrigued to see a VTR decal on the window! :banana:
This car reminds me of one that sold in Houston a year or two ago - I tried to dig up some save pictures to see if it was the same but I failed.
The backlight looks original to me, including the trim. That is white vynide you see, not paint. The splice on the trim above the wheel arch is correct.
I'll have to check mine to see if they have the trim present and if so what color it is (one's red and the other is green). They've been on the shelf since I bought them so it's been years since I looked at them.
I checked mine out and the nice one has had all of the interior vinyl removed and is just painted nicely inside. The ugly one still has a few strips of white vinyl left around the edges and it has the same pattern as the original visors in the TR4A.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.