• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Looking For Opinions on Seat Covers

SherpaPilot

Country flag
Greetings All, After exhausting my research for after-market seats for my 72 TR6, I decided fall back and take the best solution, keeping the original seats. I would like to recover these with a kit. Does anyone have an opinion as which supplier has the best quality kits? I'm not seeking anything special, just a basic vinyl recover. I have looked at Moss, Victoria British and the The Roadster Factory. Their prices seem to be close with Victoria British being slightly cheaper. Just wondering if one is better than the other. Thanks.

charleyf

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I use TRF parts as well. I have recovered two sets of TR6 seats ( to use in my TR4's) with the TRF padding and cover kits . I have also just finished a TR3 set with TRF parts and they came out very good. TRF does have sales about semi annually on their interior components. If you are not in a rush you could watch for that to lower the price.

Rut

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I have a TRF seat kits on Desert TR and they are nice, but the leather kit I bought from John Skinner is outstanding and priced accordingly.
Rut

Jim_Stevens

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
I found that Skinner was a better value, actually, and it had been hat a good exchange rate. If you order leather, it’s ALL leather, not just the seating surface. Quality/fit is unsurpassed- I’ve had to adjust very little on what they sent me. Would use again.

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
I can vouch for John Skinner producing a very high quality product. I bought both the covers and seat foams from them, with perforated leather. The downside was that it took over two months for them to go into production. As these are going into a TR4A I ordered them with white piping. I restored the TR6 seat frames, rubber seat back strapping and diaphrams (from TRF) myself. I tried fitting the covers myself but I did not like the result so I took them to a local guy with 40+ years experience in custom car upholstry and they came out great. He said he could have easily made the covers. I wish I had found him sooner, so it may behoove you to check around locally first. IMG_3196.jpgIMG_3197.jpg

OP
SherpaPilot

SherpaPilot

Country flag
Thanks for the input guys. I love the photos of your seats Andy, they look fantastic. Just looked at Skinner's site. It looks like I need to email him directly to get a price quote. Seat upholstery is not my special talent in life and taking on such a task may put me in over my head. I have talked with a couple of local auto shops that deal in interiors including seat rebuilding. They are not cheap. Ahhh, decisions, decisions..

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
Thanks. I forgot to mention that the bulge in the driver's seat is an inflatable lumbar support, a necessity for some of us. I got it from Aircraft Spruce: https://tinyurl.com/yaca2fno

Gliderman8

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Just throwing another option out there.
I used Aldridge Trimming in the UK. I was quite satisfied with their work and customer service.
https://www.aldridge.co.uk/